Caring for your residential carpet can seem like tedious work, especially if you have children or pets (or when clumsy Uncle Jim comes for a visit). We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but regular vacuuming just is not enough to keep your carpet in pristine condition and prolong its lifespan. QJS offers a Perfect 10 Premium Carpet Cleaning Service that keeps your carpets clean longer and provides longevity to your investment.
Here are five ways to keep that plush carpet looking and feeling great:
- Take care of spills immediately. If someone spills something on your carpet, blot it immediately to keep it from soaking in too deep. The key word in that last sentence is blot. The second you start rubbing a spot, it will start to soak into the carpet and spread, and that’s exactly what you don’t want. If you act quickly, you should be able to soak up a lot of the liquid before it sets in. If you have a spot treatment, go ahead and use it as long as you’re sure it won’t damage your carpet (It’s wise to test it in a small, hidden area first to be sure). Once you’ve applied the stain remover, continue to dab – starting from the outside and working your way in. Clean and rinse the area with a wet rag several times, then set a towel over the area with something heavy on top to soak up any remaining moisture.
- Clean your area rugs. Check the care instructions on all your rugs and don’t forget them during your spring and fall cleaning sessions, and more often when necessary. It’s important to follow the specific cleaning instructions on each to avoid damage and fading. However, just like your regular carpet, these area rugs certainly trap a lot of dirt and debris and should be cleaned regularly.
- Vacuum often! The norm is to vacuum once per week. However if you have pets or allergy sufferers in your home, it would be a good idea to increase that to a few times a week as part of your cleaning routine. It’s also a good idea to clean high-traffic areas often to help lengthen the life of your carpet, and suck up as much dirt as possible before it gets set too deep in the carpet. Once that happens, the dirt can actually cause the carpet fibers to start deteriorating.
- Slow down! We’re always in such a rush these days, aren’t we?! And who wants to spend a long time cleaning? No one! However, it’s a good idea to slow your roll when you’re vacuuming. Slower passes will mean more dirt gets extracted at a time, and gives the suction time to really reach deep into the fibers.
- Professional cleaning! Routine professional carpet cleaning is one of the very best ways to keep your carpet looking newer, longer. QJS has been caring for carpet in homes throughout the Durham area for years, and it’s a job we take seriously! We understand people live on carpet that is why we use eco-friendly cleaning products that are safe for everyone in your home.
For more information on our residential carpet cleaning, please visit: https://www.qjsservices.ca/services-solutions/carpet-cleaning/